Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Have you ever become friends with someone online?

And even become good friends? I have made one and i think it's cool to think that somewhere in the world you have met someone...it's crazy. And please no ';This is not safe'; things because i am well aware on how to be safe and i know this person is about my age and isn't some weird stalker. Just a normal person like myself, but i would like to hear if anyone else has ever made friends with people online?Have you ever become friends with someone online?
Yes i have,it's actually a good fun way of getting to know someone you might not ever normally meet.


It's especially good when you both laugh at similar things ,like same music and share common interests b/c conversation rarely gets stale or awkward.Have you ever become friends with someone online?
Yes, people had purely correspondent relationships since the time humans learned how to write. The important thing is to work within the rules of this friendships. You can be more candid if you never meet in real life, but you get none of the advantages of hanging out with that person in real life, either.





There are a number of questions you can ask





1. Do you realistically plan to meet in real life?





2. Even if you do not meet, is there a chance your worlds can intersect?





3. What is it you hope to get out of this relationship? What can you give?





Other thoughts:





There are limitations to how much you can solve their problems in an online-only friendship. Of course, this applies to real-life, too. Somebody could drop something really heavy on you, and it might hurt that you can't be with them to see it through. A certain ability to distance yourself from the other person's problems is needed. At first, if you are a compassionate person, this may seem a cold thing to hear. If you have multiple online-only friendships, this may become even more critical.





So, in short, be prepared for some new feelings that online-only friendships can bring about in you. But it can also be quite worthwhile if you are willing to use the online-only format to your mutual advantage.





Good luck.
Yes, I have. He's one of my very best friends now. I know what you mean about others saying ';you're crazy, its not safe';. Actually, I consider myself incredibly lucky to have found such a dear friend.
I know this sounds crazy but I had a friend for about 8 years that our friendship was completely online. We never met and then one day she never answered my mail again. Same thing with someone else who knew her. We guessed the worst had happened.
I met and f*cked someone off of a chance meeting online. Met her in a chat room 10 years ago. She went off to college and that was it.
Yea and they were all my age and we always had fun and tell each other wat we did for the day and stuff :P
Yes I did! It was about 4 years ago now and even though we don't talk as much as we used to, we still email back and forth every now and then.
Yes I have and we are good friends. We have also met :)
There are two people here that I have been friends with for four years. I love them both dearly.
Yeah, and it's fun, till we get in real fights and stop IM'ing eachother. *cry*
Yes
Yes[:
Yeah I have :]
I thought I did.....once.


I'm not totally convinced that it is actually possible
yes
only if my friends know them
yes
yeah
yes!
yeh
yes
yes
yes i have. also have had been put in a dangerous situation because of a guy online.
yes i have quite a few friends made from online.

No comments:

Post a Comment