Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I be friends with someone I love?

We can't be anything more, but I don't know how to do it. Please I need serious help.How can I be friends with someone I love?
Freddie - I understand this situation completely.


Years ago, I found myself falling in love with my partner's best friend. I never acted on my feelings or desires, but that didn't stop them from being there. I loved this man so much. I was even considering running away with him. He was everything I ever thought I needed in someone. It seemed that we were perfect for each other. It feel for him really hard. He also seemed to be into me. At least, he acted as if he was....ALL the time. We were two peas in a pod. This went on for about 5 yrs.


I finally one day, gained the strength to tell this guy how I felt. I poured out my heart and offered to give myself to him so we could be together. Then, like a shot in the heart, he turned me down. I felt like such an idiot. I realized that no matter how much I felt for him, there was no way that we would ever be together.


Least to say, I became very bitter. I stayed away from any social interaction with him. I couldn't stand the pain of just seeing him. It was pure torture. A while later, I was able to see him without being heartbroken.


My partner and I worked on our relationship and rekindled the fires of passion. And, this guy moved on and got a new bf. We hung out with them a few times, and the feelings I had had all left. I think I still had/have a bit of bitterness still there for him.


But, I looked at him in a different light. I started to look at all the small things about him that irritated me. Years back, I just overlooked them. But now, I could see every single flaw. I put all of my focus on them....





Now...I have no feelings left for him. I haven't seen him in a good 10 yrs. At least, not in person. I saw is pic online a few months ago, and it made me laugh. He now looks so much older and different. I don't even find him attractive.








The point is this. When facing a sitation like this, you have to do what you can to save yourself pain. In the long run, it's about you and your feelings anyway. Being in this kind of a relationship isn't easy. I don't know if a friendship can last through the romantic feelings. For me, it couldn't. I did what I had to, in order to protect myself. The only advise I can give is that you do the same.





Jeez....life is rough sometimes....damn it!!





Hang tight...I'll be here for you, if you need me.How can I be friends with someone I love?
well, im sorry you guys cant be 'anything more', but you can still be friends!!! dont worry =)


but it kinda depends on whether the other person knows if you love them. Because if they do, it might be a bit awkward (dunno if i spelt it right) at first, but if you really do like him, you'll like spending time with them, so you can be friends again, like the good old times :P


if the other person isnt aware that you like them in 'that way', its down to you. i dunno if that makes it easier though. But as you love that person, obviously you'll like being with them, and you'll support them, so you CAN be friends. Just be yourself, and give it time.......


but it'll be hard, and if they get a bf or gf, you might get jealous...


but if you think its worth it being friends with them, then go for it!! it might be a good idea to stop seeing him for a whiel


hope it all turns out well!!!
ok this is a very tuff spot ur beetween a rock and a hard place but to be honest and i will be honest its going to be a lot harder than u think i wont suger coat it to start with you need to spend less time with them that will be hard but the hardest part is you might want to tell the person that u love them let tehm know so they dont lead you on even in a joke it will make things easier if they know the situation that will be the hardest part! but once you both know where u stand it should be easier to deal with i have a friend in the very same situation as you right now at this very moment and hes been fighting it for a year and the girl knows it made things easier simply because she dousnt joke about flirting or anything like that any more if its a guy u like then it should be easier if hes straight then it will be a bit more embarassing


other than that its going to be a sit down and discuss situation you need to get everything in the open let them know so they can help u deal with it youl never manage to do it yourself good luck let us know what happens
I've done it before although i tend to do almost anything for them as if nothing is a problem no-one ever noticed though. Its easy if you don't give them a reason to know you just talk to them alot and hang out alot you end up more like a best freind though.
You are in a pretty rough spot. I think it's better to stay away from that person and focus your mind on something else so that you'll forget about him/her. I know it seems harsh, but you mustn't suffer anymore than you already have.
It's tough to separate love from infatuation...


Even in a long term relationship, we have to remind ourselves why we love that person at times, in order to not be tricked into the ';grass is greener'; type thing.
Yes ya can, yes ya can, yes ya can!!!!!!! Well, if you want to be trifling, that is!!! First, youre their friend, then when they get real emotional and need comfort........Ya comfort them baby!!!








Sry, just had LOTS of chocolate, ignore my answer!!!
idk i've been doing it for years though. you just have to be a friend first and formost. because thats what they need now, not a lover.
Happened to me last year





Met a guy and we became good friends for about 7 months and then I fell for him and I stopped seeing him





I cried for months but a regular friendship would never have worked - too much of an imbalance
You cant, sorry. Learn from heterosexual relationship. Nobody make friends with the one they love, its just a polite gesture saying bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment