Monday, August 16, 2010

My mother won't let me be friends with someone who really loves plants?

I made a new friend the other day and I visited her home earlier today for the first time. She lives in a flat (or apartment if you call it that) and it is full of plants. All over her bay window ledges, scattered around the rooms, hanging from hooks in the ceiling, on shelves nailed to the walls, etc. We have to zigzag and sway our heads, and push leaves out of our way to get around everything. Her home is quite bright in most the rooms, even having extra lights installed. There's even a corner that is shielded for low light plants. I'd also like to mention the fact she lives alone yet has a bunk bed. The bottom bunk has no mattress just a wooden board, and guess what, plants on top of it. Also, the only areas that aren't overrun with plants are the kitchen, bathroom and balcony which does have a decent empty area for drying clothes. She did tell me before she has a lot of plants at home and sometimes talked about plants and so on, though I didn't imagine THAT many plants.





Practically, her home is like a forest. I'm amazed at the huge variety of plants she has.





Anyway I told my family and my mother was saying that it's insane, too many plants at home. And that's she's nuts and that no one in their right mind has a clutter of so many plants obstructing the home you can't even walk straight. I told her, well she likes plants, and it's her home. But she keeps telling me it's not normal and if I wanted a friend who's got nothing but plants on her mind. I said not really, we do talk other stuff as well. But she says that well soon or later she'll run out of things to say and it'll be nothing but plants, plants and more plants and that I'll be sick of it. Or if not that, that she's the kind of person who will most likely ignore our friendship in favour of tending to her plants in difficult times.





I don't know how to convince my mother it's okay to be friends with her. But the more we talk (or rather argue) about it, I keep running out of things to say. I'm an adult, yes, but I live in my parent's home so they say I have to listen to them until I move out. But I'm nowhere close to having that money yet. Clearly if I don't listen, I will not be able to live well. My father doesn't do anything, he's practically just listening to my mother as well.My mother won't let me be friends with someone who really loves plants?
okay she a little obsessed with plant





hey every1 got there own opinion to a person





so dont try to change the womans opinion on your friend cause it gonna b hard :)My mother won't let me be friends with someone who really loves plants?
Yeah your mom is crazy. If i were you i would just walk out of the house and hang out with that friend and i wouldn't care if i get in trouble.
Considering your name you like a certain type of plant and considering a few ways she is growing, well she has a few plants that you like. So stop talking BS and move in with this friend and pay rent by helping with the grow house and selling some of that weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment