Friday, August 20, 2010

I need a friend - someone who has gone through the same as me with money issues, hiding debt to husband.?

I don't want judged. I have never I repeat never been so sick to my stomach, ashamed, embarrassed, you name it. I don't know how it happened, just seems like bills got so behind, ran up credit card debt, and etc.. and had to finally come clean with husband. I need someone who is in the same situation to talk to. I don't think I can make it..... I am having a hard time... Please someone come to my rescue.I need a friend - someone who has gone through the same as me with money issues, hiding debt to husband.?
I did the same thing and it almost cost me my marriage. This is a hard place to be in. email me.





swizmd@yahoo.comI need a friend - someone who has gone through the same as me with money issues, hiding debt to husband.?
I havent hidden my debt, but I have experience with debt, and I'm pretty sure my husband is hiding debt from me.





I am a good listener and I like to help people find a way through. I am open minded, I like to see the potential in people rather than their failings.





Money isnt everything, and yet it can control us. If you'd like to talk to me, please send me a message.
I have been in that situation and had to create a plan of clearing our debt with my husband. Yall are a team and as long as you support each other, there is a way. Things are very stressful right now for a lot of people and I personally know how this feels and how you feel right now so believe me when I say, things will get better, be very happy that you have a friend/husband to help you out.
yeah it was a start to come clean with your husband....then you need to figure out what you two can do together to get rid of the debt....(what bills to cut) cut up the credit cards....check your spending on what you buy and what you actually NEED to survive....being depressed about it will only make it worse...you need a plan to get back on top and the plus side is that it will only make your marriage stronger if you work together...then dont let it happen again..seriously go over your spending, and decide what you can take back to the store, and what you dont need to buy is important. For a few months start with only the basics....food, (you have water in your home), what your kids need if they need something, rent and utilities, Gas and insurances. Outside of that you dont need much else....then look at what you buy extra Is it clothes, furniture gadgets, shoes, soda, 4 dollar chips, alcohol, resturant...you must throw all of that out...then your debt will be cut in half....what you have extra you save 30 procent and apply the rest towards the PRINCIPLE of the debt...remember when you pay debt the bank soes not tell you you pay the interest first then the actual balance....so pay towards the principle and keep your payments the same......should be debt free in about six months....buying comes on an impulse. What Else you need to talk about? I have been through rough times too and can help....its 100 procent better and debt free now...
It's a good start you came clean with your husband. There was no way out of this without doing that.





You two haven't been working together and your husband should be willing to accept his responsibility for that as much as you. You can't be on your own shouldering the burden of all this stuff ever again.





While it's never o.k. to deceive, hide and lie to one another, it's not fair for one spouse to push big life stuff off on the other, either. It sounds like that may have been what your husband was doing.





It probably wouldn't hurt to get some marriage counseling.





So long as you and your husband are working together this will pass and you will be left with a financially and emotionally stronger marriage.





For that to happen, you and your husband have to look in one another's eyes and swear to one another to never again have either of you on your own with this stuff.





That means at the start of each month you two need to sit down and write down your income for the upcoming month and subtract your expenses. Start with necessities like groceries, shelter, utilities, transportation. That means no restaurants, movies or luxuries until the mess is cleaned up. Any money left over should be applied to your debts. It's the dreaded B-word... a budget.





It will never work until both of you have complete buy in and share in this process.





It will be tough at first but be prepared for an awesome marriage the more you work on it.





You two should do this every month for the rest of your lives.





Take the hurt and use it to build powerful change in your marriage and life. You can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment