Monday, August 16, 2010

I am building an OS with friends but someone is stealing the whole idea and everything how can I protect it?!?

Hello,





Ok I am about to go mad right now so please help me!





See, I am building an Operating System with friends and we came up with a really different idea of an Operating System than all the others and now somebody found everything we've got and he is gonna steal the idea and the coding and everything! How can we protect our idea and coding??!





Please help I beg u plzzzzzz!I am building an OS with friends but someone is stealing the whole idea and everything how can I protect it?!?
patent or copyright.I am building an OS with friends but someone is stealing the whole idea and everything how can I protect it?!?
Steve Jobs could not stop Bill Gates from doing this....





Get a patent before he does.
You need to contact a trademark and patent attorney asap and start that procedure. I am not familiar with how one goes about trademarking these types of properties but having just trademarked my own business I can say that the peace of mind is well worth the expense. This process can be done on a state and federal level and your attorney can best advise you to what extent you need to proceed.


The attorney may need to file an injunction against your competitor ordering them to cease and desist from the activity that is undermining your product.
Don't brag about it, don't show how great it's going to be, don't share the information. In other words, don't be a show-off if you want to keep the rewards. If one person on your team is letting out the secrets, get rid of him since he's a security risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment